The recent upgrades done to the ConnectedDrive platform used on almost all BMWs seem to point in one direction: the Bavarian company will remain the world's leading provider of online-based in-car services.
To further consolidate this position, BMW recently announced new innovations and features that will be available on most Bimmers, starting with July 2013. These include:
- The BMW ConnectedDrive Store can be accessed and used both from the vehicle and from a home PC.
- New browser and BMW Apps-ready applications
- Online Entertainment (up to 12 million songs and 250 professionally created channels)
- Intelligent Emergency Call system (automatically calls 911 in case of accident)
- Many BMW models are to be fitted with a built-in SIM card as standard from July 2013