To mark the anniversary of that historic event, BMW Classic has also recreated a model that had disappeared from sight for almost 60 years – the BMW 328 Kamm Coupé.
“Victory in the 1940 Mille Miglia remains a landmark in the history of the BMW brand. It reflects not only the extraordinary technical expertise but also the passion with which BMW approaches its work,” said Klaus Draeger, member of the BMW Group Board of Management responsible for development, on the significance of the 1940 Mille Miglia.
“We are very proud to be lining up for the Mille Miglia again 70 years later with this milestone of motor racing history and vehicle aerodynamics,” Karl Baumer, Director of BMW Classic, said in a release.
BMW Classic teams are listed below:
- 79 Enzo Ciravolo Maria Leitner BMW 328
- 80 Maximilian Schöberl Stefan Grundhoff BMW 328
- 81 Klaus Draeger Joschka Fischer BMW 328
- 82 Kurt Liedtke Torsten Bursch BMW 328
- 85 Ian Robertson Phillip Jones BMW 328
- 86 Torsten Mueller-Oetvoes Greg Kable BMW 328 Frazer Nash
- 88 Giuliano Cané Lucia Galliani BMW 328 Mille Miglia Coupé
- 89 Ludwig Willisch Eric Neubauer BMW 328 Mille Miglia Roadster
- 90 Marcel Botterweck Reiner M. Löslein BMW 328
- 91 Ulrich Knieps Hans Hamer BMW 328
- 92 Leopold Von Bayern Adrian Van Hooydonk BMW 328
- 93 Karl Baumer Dennis Dremmen BMW 328 Kamm Coupé
BMW Private teams:
- 87 Aldo Bonomi Tarcisio Bonomi BMW 328
- 84 Richard Croul Massimo Raimondi BMW 328
- 83 Massimo Ermini Lapo Ermini BMW 328
- 368 Bernd Werndl Alexandra Schörghuber BMW 507