The electric vehicle study will be based in the Andalusian Technological Park, where a series of simulations to define energy, charging stations and battery life necessities for the large-scale development of such a project will be performed.
The city of Malaga will provide infrastructure for the Smartcity, an electric vehicle driving programme developed by the Andalusian Department of Science Innovation and Business and now enhanced by Renault.
The settlement contains multiple projects regarding different matters:
- The identification of potential city council and companies which are willing to take part in the project thanks to their interest in zero emission fleets and their commitment to promoting the environment within their area of influence
- Marketing - Defining the informational channels through which the project will be presented to the public
- Know-how implementing in the form of training sessions for technicians specializing in electric vehicles
- The spreading of the various types of incentives available from Andalusia institutions
- This agreement follows an announcement made by the Renault-Nissan Alliance and Barcelona City Council that expressed the intention to develop a fleet of almost 200 recharging points in the city.
Recently, Renault has decided to end the production of its Clio subcompact at the Valladolid plant in Spain. So it's "win some, lose some" for Spain.