650 HP Chevrolet Camaro GT3’s 7.9L V8 Soundtrack Lights Up the Track

With the Camaro’s sixth-generation launch just around the corner, it’s good to remember all the reasons for which we adore the current generation. Well, the Camaro GT3 racecar is definitely one of them, and we’ve got a piece of footage that shows you just how many treats this track muscle animal can offer.
650 HP Chevrolet Camaro GT3 on the track 1 photo
Photo: screenshot from Youtube
Perhaps the earth-rocking voice of that 7.9-liter V8 up front is the thing that should be written on this machine’s business card, and the video offers you plenty of opportunities to indulge in such aural pleasures.

Put on a pair of ear plugs and you’ll be able to think straight once again. Perfect, this means it’s time to talk about how the 7883 cc heart of the Camaro GT3 can deliver over 650 ponies and 590 lb-ft (800 Nm). As expected, the unit comes with a dry-sump lubrication system, so you can make full use of those 310-mm section 19-inch slicks through the bends without having to worry about anything.

Reiter Engineering, the company that gave birth to this monster, put the Camaro on a serious diet, with the GT3 tipping the scales at 3,065 lbs (1,290 kg). For instance, the windscreen and side windows are made of Makrolon while the door card uses carbon.

In case you were wondering, 55 percent of that weight hangs over the front axle while the remaining 45 percent is going to the rear one.

You can easily recognize the Camaro GT3 from the distance and it’s all thanks to its aero package. If that massive rear wing doesn’t tip you, perhaps the front splitter will. The flat floor and the hefty rear diffuser complete the scenery.

Video thumbnail
If you liked the article, please follow us:  Google News icon Google News Youtube Instagram Twitter
About the author: Andrei Tutu
Andrei Tutu profile photo

In his quest to bring you the most impressive automotive creations, Andrei relies on learning as a superpower. There's quite a bit of room in the garage that is this aficionado's heart, so factory-condition classics and widebody contraptions with turbos poking through the hood can peacefully coexist.
Full profile


Would you like AUTOEVOLUTION to send you notifications?

You will only receive our top stories