2017 Ford GT to Deliver 630 HP and 538 LB-FT, Forza Motorsport 6 Reveals

Ford Performance is still tight-lipped when it comes to the exact output of the 2017 Ford GT, but since we live in the digital era, we’ve just found out how much muscle the supercar will pack.
2017 Ford GT on Forza Motorsport 6 cover 1 photo
Photo: Forza Motorsport 6
While the carmaker itself has only told us its upcoming halo car will deliver north of 600 hp, it seems the GT will pack 630 hp and 539 lb-ft (that’s 731 Nm for all you reading this across the pond) of twist. At least this is what Forza Motorsport tells us.

The racing simulator, which features the new Ford GT as its cover car, allows us to see a set of specs for the vehicle, as Motor Authority writes. Aside from the output numbers mentioned above, we also learn the mid-engined Blue Oval machine will tip the scales at 2,890 lbs (1,311 kg). Of course, the weight distribution is also crucial with such high-end vehicle, but the game also reveals that, letting it slip that the Ford will place 43 percent of its mass on the front axle, with the remaining 57 percent going to the rear axle. You can check out these specs in the screenshot below.

Before you jump to any sort of conclusion, you should consider waiting for Ford to make an official announcement on the numbers for the V6 EcoBoost found at the center of the car. For one thing, the Ferrari 488 GTB, which will see the Golden Era battle at Le Mans making it onto the street, packs 661 HP (670 PS). Nevertheless, we mustn't forget that Ford is betting on the power-to-weight ratio here, as the carbon fiber construction of the car will make it ultra-light.

Then there’s the topic of the units in which these numbers are measured. For instance, are the 630 horses arriving in imperial or metric form?

With more and more sightings of 2017 Ford GT prototypes testing on highways, we expect Ford to end the teasing by the end of the current year.
If you liked the article, please follow us:  Google News icon Google News Youtube Instagram
About the author: Andrei Tutu
Andrei Tutu profile photo

In his quest to bring you the most impressive automotive creations, Andrei relies on learning as a superpower. There's quite a bit of room in the garage that is this aficionado's heart, so factory-condition classics and widebody contraptions with turbos poking through the hood can peacefully coexist.
Full profile


Would you like AUTOEVOLUTION to send you notifications?

You will only receive our top stories