As for that teasing, Ford hasn’t released the official performance figures for the GT yet, but with the machine serving as the cover car for Forza Motorsport 6, the game has recently provided us with some delicious bits of information.
To be more precise, the in-game Ford GT allows the driver/player to control 630 hp and 539 lb-ft (that’s 731 Nm for all you reading this across the pond). So far, Ford has only told us the EcoBoost V6 mounted at the center of the machine will deliver over 600 hp, so we’ll have to wait and see what the actual car has to offer.
As for the all-important mass, the Forza specs tell us the Ford tips the scales at 2,890 lbs (1,311 kg). Since weight distribution is crucial with such pieces of machinery, we’ll mention the GT places 43 percent of its weight over the front axle, while the remaining 57 percent is left to the rear axle. Yes, this makes us think of tail-out shenanigans too.
The pricing is obviously far from having been released yet, but the rumor mill talks about the Ford GT sharing the Lamborghini Aventador’s financial league, which means the vehicle will be sold for under $400.000.
However, grabbing one won’t be easy, even if you have the money for it. That’s because Ford is expected to introduce a Ferrari-like customer selection program to make sure the limited production gets to the right people.