The new Camaro ZL1 was recently spotted at the Camaro Superfest 2011 at Riverside Park, Ypsilanti, Michigan, where Camaro5.com scooped up some really awesome shots of a white variant. We find it really refreshing, especially considering the ZL1 also sports a sunroof to let that summer fun in.
The model displayed at the show carried an automatic transmission, which we learned about last month.The most exciting development in the Camaro world is still some six months away from becoming a production reality, but if it looks anything as cool as this, we would definitely buy one given the chance.
The ZL1 will make more power than the Cadillac CTS-V and production will start in the first quarter of next year. It will have an optional automatic transmission and the Corvette ZR1’s Performance Traction Management system, which should make it deliver more consistent lap times, while also being faster on the road.
The car will include the same content as the current 2SS package and include the following new or unique features:
- Six-way power driver and passenger seats
- Unique instrument panel and door panel inserts; and ZL1-logo sill plates
- Steering wheel audio controls with Bluetooth capability
- Wireless PDIM and USB-port
- Boston Acoustics premium audio system
- Rear parking assist
- Rear camera system (displayed in the inside rearview mirror)