How to Replace the Starter On 1999 Lexus ES 300 [Video]
Ask a friend to drive you to your local parts dealer, buy a new one, grab a toolbox and with some elbow grease and this tutorial you might save money for doing it yourself.
The procedure goes like this:
- Remove the battery terminals, as you don’t want to get yourself electrocuted, and then remove the battery;
- Open the top of the air filter and move it away;
- Remove the lower air filter case in order t gain access to the defective engine starter;
- Unscrew the two bolts that keeps it attached to the engine block, take it out and detach the wires from it;
- Grab the new starter and fit the wires to it according to the video instructions;
- Put the new starter in it’s designated position and make sure the teeth are aligned;
- Screw it securely and put everything back together;
- Start the engine and open a beer to celebrate.