How to Replace Taillight on 2009 Toyota Venza [Video]
You’ll need a replacement taillight according to your model, a prying tool, screwdrivers and a ratchet with different size plugs. Here are the steps:
- Open up the tailgate
- Remove the mat and the fake floor
- Remove the three screws holding the jack’s storage mounting according to the video below and take out the assembly
- Pull out the bag hook from the side and also remove the other hinge
- Take out the plastic trimming behind the handle above and unscrew the bolt behind it
- Remove the protective plastic panel at the entrance of the trunk to reveal a small pop-out mounting that you need to take out
- Pull out the whole plastic panel as in the video to reveal the back of the taillamp
- Disconnect the taillight couplings
- Unscrew the two nuts in the back of the taillight
- Also unscrew the bolts that keep the bumper corner fixed so you can open it a bit and pry the taillight from underneath
- Put the new taillight in and mount everything back.
Watch the video for details.