How to Replace Sparkplugs on 2001 Lexus IS 300 [Video]
Since the first generation Lexus IS has a short front end, the engine bay is kind of cluttered and you will need to unmount some parts to gain access to the sparkplugs. Basically, you will need the new set of sparkplus and set of wrenches. Here are the steps:
- Leave the engine cool off
- Open the hood
- Remove the screws from the engine cover and take it out
- Pop out the admission piping
- Remove the four bolts from the timing gear cover and take it out
- Disconnect the electrical connections from the throttle body
- Disconnect the throttle cable
- Remove the whole throttle body
- Unplug the electrical connections from all the sparkplugs
- Replace them with the new ones
- Put everything back following these steps backwards.
This is a DIY guide and, as such, you must be aware the procedures described here involve some risks. autoevolution cannot be held responsible for any possible damage that might result while following this guide.