How to Replace Battery on 2003-2009 Toyota Avensis [Video]
So if you got a second hand Toyota Avensis or have a new one planning to keep it for a long time, prepare to replace its battery at some point. It’s a very easy task and all you’ll need is a compatible new battery and a 10 mm wrench. Here are the steps:
- Pop up the hood. The battery is located under the big plastic cover near the filter case
- Take out the plastic screws from the cover and remove it
- Use the wrench and loosen the battery’s terminals nuts
- Remove the terminals
- Also remove the metal bar holding the battery fixed
- Take out the battery (beware that it’s pretty heavy, so don’t drop it on your feet or something)
- Put the new battery in and secure it with the metal bar
- Reconnect the terminals and put the plastic panel back.
This is a DIY guide and, as such, you must be aware the procedures described here involve some risks. autoevolution cannot be held responsible for any possible damage that might result while following this guide.