How to Remove Radio Unit on 2005-2008 Toyota Matrix [Video]
For the job, you’ll need a 10mm socket ratchet with extender and a plastic prying tool. If you don’t have one, a flat screwdriver with some tape on its head should do the trick. Here are the steps:
- Use the prying tool and take carefully take out the plastic trimming surrounding the radio unit
- Disconnect the cables attached to the trimming panel
- Remove the 10mm bolts from the sides of the radio unit
- Slide the radio unit out and remove the wire connections at the back
- Use the same metal mounting brackets from its sides on the new radio unit.