How to Remove Radio Unit on 2002 Toyota Corolla [Video]
Replacing the unit or just taking it out for repairs, you will need some basic tools for the job, like a Phillips screwdriver, a flat head one and a crescent wrench. Here are the steps:
- First, pull the handbrake and the shifter knob in the “L” position
- Pop the hood and remove the negative terminal from the battery. You might need to use the wrench to unscrew the nut keeping it attached. Also, secure the terminal so it won’t interfere
- Go back in the car and remove the ashtray and retractible cup holders
- Using the screwdriver, start prying open the plastic trimming surrounding the air conditioning controls and radio. Then remove the whole bit
- To remove the head unit, there are three screws that need to be removed - one on each side and one on the bottom left
- After removing them you can grab the unit and pull it out.