How to Apply Headlight Protection on Scion FR-S [Video]
Luckily, there are many aftermarket protection covers for your headlights, which you can install at home pretty easy. They are made out of some kind of rubbery transparent foil which can be applied just like a normal wrap on the car's body.
To do so, you will need a spray bottle filled with water, a hairdryer, microfiber towel, a razor knife and a squeegee tool, which is probably offered with the headlight covers kit. Here are some tips on how to do it:
- Make sure you thoroughly wash the car before the job. Especially the front end and the headlights, where you will work.
- Spray some water on the headlight and the adhesive part of the transparent cover
- Start with the corner of the headlamp. Place the cover on it and squeegee it until it sticks
- Heat up the cover and stretch it to match all the headlamp’s surface
- Spray water constantly
- Work your way from the center and squeegee the cover until it’s perfectly sticked
- Use the razor knife to cut rough edges.