Volvo Introduces First Touch Screen Broadband Rear Seat Entertainment System
text size: A- A+
The system has a 500 Gb hard drive, uses Windows XP and features WiFi technology. The application allows passengers to surf the web, download applications and enjoy unlimited video and music download. It also has a special function which allows users to connect their vehicle to their home computer.
Volvo Cars of North America has developed the product in collaboration with Azentek Corporation and Gracenote. During the Chicago Auto Show, the company will hold a demonstration to showcase the new technology.
Gracenote is also supporting Volvo’s Music Service which allows users to explore and download music as part of the bundled entertainment solution. The system also offers information about tracks being played on the radio, while also downloading it.
RSEi-500 Feature Highlights
* Internet Connectivity
* Associate and navigate user's music library with cover art, lyrics in North America and mood attributes
* Unlimited music download service and Video exploration
* Recognize currently playing broadcast music and download those tracks
* DVD playback with cover art, synopses and cast details
* USB Drive Interface
* Email Access
* Aux AV input for external devices like videos, I-Pods, Zune Players, gaming devices, etc.
* WiFi Capability for connectivity to various other data storage devices (i.e., Home Server)
* 500G Hard Drive
* Touch Screen
"The RSEi-500 has set a new standard for the Rear Seat Entertainment industry. This fully integrated Multimedia RSE allows customers to surf the Internet, enjoy Mobile TV and watch videos, while boasting the industry's first interactive audio library and video exploration experience enabled by Gracenote and its partners, all from the back seat of their Volvo XC70," said Jack Lawson, Product Manager at VCNA. "These technological properties are what we know appeal to the discerning electronics buyers and owners of Volvo vehicles,"
User feedback at the Chicago Auto Show will influence the device’s introduction on several Volvo cars, which is scheduled for June 2010.
UP NEXT: Skoda Awarded its UK Retailers Tip: navigate with ← and →
VOLVO cars we've tested
all testdrives →