Voice-Guided GPS Navigation for iPhone Customers
The AT&T Navigator features map updates, speech recognition, ETA updates, business listings, real-time traffic alerts, one-touch rerouting, and even daily gas prices.
"With the new iPhone OS 3.0 software, we're expanding the advantages of true turn-by-turn navigation - both voice and on-screen directions - to millions more customers. We're bringing greater convenience to drivers and travelers nationwide, including providing regular, automatic updates to map information at no charge so customers have the latest at their fingertips,” said Mark Collins, vice president of voice and data products for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets.
The AT&T Navigator’s characteristics:
- Automatic Content Updates. The latest map and navigating details are automatically available to subscribers at no extra cost.
- Voice and On-Screen Turn-By-Turn Directions. Real-time voice and visual guidance, including street names, automatic re-routes, ETA and total mileage updates.
- Speech Recognition. Touch and talk capability for instant turn-by-turn directions to destination.
- Traffic alerts. Real-time route monitoring and proactive searches every five minutes for traffic congestion or incident.
- 3D Maps. Full-color 3D moving maps provide details on current location, as well as streets and interstates within driving distance.
- Business Listings. Listings from yellowpages.com. Plus, access to business ratings, phone numbers and one-touch dialing.
- In-Route Customization. Finding convenient rest stops for gas, food and other needs, saving time and mileage
- Online Trip Planning. Preplan trips, save addresses and manage travel accounts online at www.navpreplan.com. Save locations and send directions straight to iPhone.
The app is available for $9.99 a month from Apple's App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/. Additional information, including other devices programmed for AT&T Navigator, is available at www.att.com/navigator.