Vauxhall Ampera Police Car
text size: A- A+
“We are delighted to have won the ACPO ITS competition and are excited to have displayed the fittingly ground-breaking Ampera featuring this array of cutting-edge equipment," said Dick Ellam, Vauxhall Special Vehicles Manager.
The end goal is to get an electric police car in service by 2015.
The Ampera you see here has been equipped with a range of high-tech kit to help Police officers fight crime, including:
- Four external-mounted cameras for evidence gathering
- Internal camera for facial recognition linked to the Police National Database
- The standard Ampera display screen modified to provide all information currently available to Police officers, for example Automatic Number Plate Recognition
- A second screen mounted on the passenger sun visor to allow the passenger to access all Police information
- New Police software that has been loaded with previous incidents and historic data that is run through complex algorithms to predict potential crime hotspots
UP NEXT: Porsche Panamera GTS Manhandled by Walter Rohl [Video] Tip: navigate with ← and →
Cars we've tested recently
all testdrives →