Three New Buell Motorcycles Coming in 2012
Now, EBR is back with more details on the 1190RS, and has also confirmed that three more bikes are currently in the works - dubbed “RX”, “SX” and “AX”. It is likely that these three new models use a different engine than the RS.
While the 1190RS will be produced in a limited run of just 100 units, the three bikes now in development are expected to be produced in higher numbers.
Judging by the former Buell range, from the days under Harley-Davidson ownership, we expect to see a full-faired race replica, a naked street bike and an adventure bike. But only time will show us if we’re right.
Based on the 1125R, the 1090R comes with a power increase to 175bhp, new suspension and more attractive styling, including a 'Carbon Edition' version as shown in the adjacent images.
EBR 1190RS specs are detailed below:
- Engine Type Liquid cooled V twin
- Bore X Stroke 4.17 x 2.66 (106 x 67.5 mm)
- Displacement 72.6 cu 1190cc
- Compression rRatio 13.6 :1
- Fuel Delivery: Dual 61mm throttle bodies
- Peak Torque 97 ft-lbs @ 9400 rpm
- Peak Horsepower 175 hp @ 9750 rpm
- Seat Height 30.5″ (775 mm)
- Rake 22(Trail 3.4″ (86 mm)
- Lean Angle 55
- Front Tire 120/70R- 17
- Rear Tire 190/55R-17
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal (17.1 L)
- Wet Weight (No Fuel): 389 lbs (176 kg)
- Frame: Aluminum frame with integral fuel reservoir
- Swingarm Optimized stiffness aluminum
- Front Suspension 43 mm Ohlins inverted fork, adjustable compression damping, rebound damping adjustable spring preload(
- Rear Suspension Ohlins fully adjustable TTX coil over monoshock with remote reservoir
- Front Wheel 3.5″ x 17″ magnesium
- Rear Wheel 6.0″ x 17″ magnesium
- Front Brake ISO finned rotor, 8 piston caliper with cooling duct
2012 1190RS specs:
- Colors: Abraxas Inferno, Boreas Frost, Burnt Armor or Pitch Black
- MSRP $39,999
- Carbon Package: add some extra $4,000
❐ Check out the Three New Buell Motorcycles Coming in 2012 photo gallery