Subaru Impreza Upgraded with Boxer Diesel
As for engine performance, it helps the car sprint from 0 to 100 km/h in 9 seconds flat, allowing a maximum speed of 127 mph (204.4 km/h). It develops a maximum torque of 350 Nm between 1,800 and 2,400 rpm and releases 155 grams of CO2 every kilometer.
The Boxer Diesel complies with Euro 4 emission standard and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The new Impreza featuring this upgraded diesel powertrain comes equipped with 17 inch alloys, HID headlamps with pop-up washers, electrically-folding door mirrors, front projector foglamps, 6CD player with MP3 facility, cruise control, windscreen wiper deicer, climate control and heated sports seats. Safety is enhanced with the help of front, side and curtain airbags.
Here are the main features of the new Boxer engine, as provided by Subaru:
- Exceptionally compact, light and strong
- Low friction ‘Boxer’ balance cancels out vibration
- Flat four’s low centre-of-gravity boosts handling agility
- Punchy throttle response
- Common-rail fuel-injection for greater efficiency
- Compact injector design reduces engine width
- Variable geometry turbocharger mounted beneath engine for low centre-of-gravity
- Highly efficient, fast warm-up catalytic converter also mounted beneath engine