Spyshots: W205 Mercedes C-Class Testing Under Less Camo
This fourth generation model will face off against BMW's F30 3 Series and Audi's still unknown new A4. The W205 C-Class is itself getting ready for launch and has begun dropping some of its camo to reveal a sort of baby S-Class design. These latest spyshots were taken at Mercedes' own test center.
From the side, the new C-Class is especially interesting. In order to offer the maximum amount of headroom in the back, the roof slopes very late towards the boot, creating a bubble-like greenhouse.
There will be many changes under the bonnet as well. For the base diesel model, Mercedes will reportedly offer a Renault-sourced 1.6-liter turbodiesel rated at 130 PS and available only with a manual. The petrol range will also feature a few novelties, and will be as follows:
• C180 with a 154 HP (113 kW) 1.6-liter turbo
• C200 with a 184 HP (135 kW) 2.0-liter turbo
• C250 with a 211 HP (155 kW) 2.0-liter turbo
• C300 with a 252 HP (185 kW) 2.0-liter turbo
• C400 with a 333 HP (245 kW) 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6
• C63 AMG with a 462 HP (340 kW) 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8
❐ Check out the 2014 W205 Mercedes Benz C-Class photo gallery