Spyshots: Mercedes C-Class Cabriolet
This role used to be filled by the CLK until it was killed off, leaving the niche to be taken by the Audi A5 and BMW 3 Series Convertible, soon to become the 4 Series. Daimler's return to compact luxury drop-tops will take place some time next year, as this is a very early prototype with many non-production body elements.
Sources suggest the C-Class Cabrio will be the cheapest drop-top Merc, cheaper even than the SLK roadster.
Engine options remain a secret, but we believe the petrol models will be as follows:
- C180 with a 154 HP (113 kW) 1.6-liter turbo
- C200 with a 184 HP (135 kW) 2.0-liter turbo
- C250 with a 211 HP (155 kW) 2.0-liter turbo
- C300 with a 252 HP (185 kW) 2.0-liter turbo
- C400 with a 333 HP (245 kW) 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6
- C63 AMG with a 462 HP (340 kW) 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8
❐ Check out the W205 Mercedes C-Class Cabriolet photo gallery