Sex, Text, Play. What to Do While Driving?
We know, it's hard to resist the temptation of acting like a complete idiot behind the wheel, at least once a year or so. Whether you're eating, drinking, driving or even having sex, the abnormal behavior (read "shouldn't be done 'cause it could kill you") is, ironically, a normal consequence of being a driver.
But how many drivers do what? How many eat, how many drink, how many have sex? GN Netcom, a wireless headset manufacturer, conducted a study on 1,800 consumers aged between 18 and 65, from the US, UK, France, Germany, Russia, and Japan. Below is what the study found.
- 29 percent admitted to having kissed others while driving
- 28 percent confirmed they have sent text messages while driving
- 15 percent confirmed they have had sex while driving
- 13 percent reported they have applied makeup while driving
- 12 percent admitted to having written or read emails while driving
- 10 percent reported reading newspapers or magazines while driving
- 5 percent confirmed they have played video games
- 5 percent say that they have shaved while behind the wheel
"It is truly unbelievable what people are doing while driving. The results of our survey show that so many people are distracted and doing other things while on the road - even though they know the consequences that can occur," Jonas Forsberg, General Manager North America, Mobile Division for GN Netcom said about the results of the study.