Ram Truck and Mopar Partner with TORC Series in 2011
Five PRO-class drivers will get behind the wheel of a Ram truck during the 14-race series that gets underway Memorial Day weekend at Red Bud MX in Buchanan, Michigan. Also, Ram Truck and Mopar will share sponsorship of the Traxxas Racing team fielded by Mike and Mark Jenkins, along with the Menzies Motorsports team owned by Steve Menzies.
"I couldn't be more proud to have Ram partnering with these great off-road drivers, championship-caliber teams and the TORC series itself," said Fred Diaz, President and CEO, Ram Truck Brand and Head of U.S. Sales, Chrysler Group LLC. "Off-road racers and fans are extremely passionate about their trucks just like we are. This partnership is a perfect fit for us to connect and share the passion in a fun and exciting way."
"From the drag strip to the circle track, the Mopar brand has a proud heritage in racing," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group's service, parts and customer-care brand. "We are excited to extend our presence into off-road racing, where many of our Mopar fanatics reside. In fact, off-road accessories and performance parts make up more than 30 percent of our portfolio, so this is a critical market that we want to reach."
The 2011 TORC schedule consists of:
• May 28 Red Bud, Buchanan, MI
• May 29 Red Bud, Buchanan, MI
• June 18 Crandon Off Road, Crandon, WI
• June 19 Crandon Off Road, Crandon, WI
• June 26 Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs, CO
• July 22 Charlotte Motor Speedway, Charlotte, NC
• July 23 Charlotte Motors Speedway, Charlotte, NC
• Aug. 13 Bark River Off-Road, Bark River, MI
• Aug. 14 Bark River Off-Road, Bark River, MI
• Sept. 3 Crandon Off Road, Crandon, WI
• Sept. 4 Crandon Off Road, Crandon, WI
• Sept. 15 Chicagoland Speedway, Joliet, IL
• Oct. 15 Cycle Ranch, San Antonio, TX
• Oct. 16 Cycle Ranch, San Antonio, TX