Plymouth Road Runner Concept for Sale on eBay
The concept is inspired by the 1971-1972 Road Runner, but interpreted in a modern way. The car will be built in cooperation with a renowned company specialized in coach building and concept car manufacturing, Leonard says.
Project duration from sketches displayed on eBay to the running vehicle is 30-40 weeks, and keys to the car will be given to the new owner officially at the 2010 Los Angeles Auto Show. The car will use a 2009 Dodge Challenger 6.1 L HEMI platform and drive train with an all new body, while the interior will be modified to match the concept theme.
Performance upgrade (Turbocharger) will make the 6.1L HEMI V8 engine output 620 hp at 5,200 rpm and 880 Nm at 4,000 rpm. Leonard says the car will sprint from naught to sixty in 3,8 seconds and a quarter mile in 11.9 seconds at 121 mph.
Stages of exterior building process:
• Body sketch to data development
• Body engineering
• Engineering of swing panels, dropping glass, glass production
• Engineering of Wheels
• Tooling Development & Production
• Body Manufacture
• Fabrication - Body to chassis
• Fabrication - Door, hood and trunk swing
• Fabrication - Glass drop development
• Fabrication - Dry Fit of vehicle
• Fabrication - Materials
• Wheel manufacture
• Glass development
• Exterior accessories (Headlights, Taillights, Fog Lamps, Side Markers, Grilles, Mirrors, Door Handles)
• Final vehicle Surface and Paint
• Final assembly and testing