Performax Shows RHD ZR1
According to the producer, 300 hours of labour were needed for the ZR1 RDH conversion. The work was completed at Performax International's factory on the Queensland Sunshine Coast.
"America's own sports car has a wonderful heritage and owner community in Australia and Performax International is delighted to be a part of the 22nd National Corvette Convention with the fabulous ZR1," Performax International General Manager Glenn Soper said.
"It's fitting that Corvette club members from around Australia will be the first to see this right-hand drive version in public."
The Corvette ZR1 is a very fast American supercar built on an aluminium chassis and carbonfiber body panels. The car is powered by a 6.2 liter GM LS9 engine that develops 640 hp (476 kW) and 815 Nm of torque. The car only weights 1,510 kg, can reach 200 mph (320 km/h) and needs less than 4 seconds to get to 62 mph (100 km/h) from a standstill.
The ZR1 is priced from $360,000. If you’re in the market for a cheaper American car, you can opt for other cars, as Performax International also currently imports new ones from the US, engineers them to RHD and sells:
- Corvette C6, (from $150,000), Z06 (from $220,000)
- Hummer H2 (from $170,000)
- Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks, fitted with 6.6-litre Duramax 895 Nm torque turbodiesel V8 (from $105,000)
- Mustang GT (from $119,000), Mustang Shelby GT500 (from $150,000)
- CrossRoads Cruiser 5th-wheel vans (from $119,990)