Opel GT with CJ5 Jeep Drivetrain for Sale on eBay
The seller was kind enough to provide a list of the car’s new parts, which is everything but short:
- 258 cubic inch straight 6 cylinder, oil pump, electric fan speed control, new gaskets;
- distributor, cap, rotor, plugs, wires starter, clutch and pressure plate, U-joints, steering box;
- power steering lines, carburator rebuild kit;
- 3 in suspension lift kit (springs, shackles, shocks, U-bolts), brake shoes and pads;
- calipers(front), wheel cylinders and drums(rear), stainless steel braided caliper brake hoses;
- stainless steel brake lines with protective spring steel, master cylinder, vaccum booster;
- 35 inch tires, chrome wheels and lugs, windshield and rear window rubber;
- door and door window rubber, wiper blades, racing style seats, carpet, dash mat;
- bumpers (welded 3 inch schedule 40 pipe), 2 sets fog lights;
- red underglo kit, 11 inch high rear spoiler.
Just for you to make an idea about the original Opel GT, let us tell you the car was a great autobahn cruiser. Specifically engineered to cruise at more than 120 mph, the coupe was equipped with a dual-carburator 128 horsepower "Sprint" engine, 15-inch wheels and front/rear anti sway bars for increased stability.
The car garnered a particularly high amount of acclaim in the United States where it sold in over 70,000 copies. Having gone through development stages unlikely for a sports car, the GT had its own hybrid-version during the 70's although for a very short period of time.