OCC Siemens Smart Chopper Charity Vote Kicks-Off
"We wanted to build this unique chopper to raise environmental awareness and reflect what the 69,000 employees of Siemens USA are doing to help America stay on the cutting edge of tomorrow's green economy," said Daryl Dulaney, President & CEO of Siemens Building Technologies.
"Siemens is already very much a part of the fabric of America, and our portfolio is one of the greenest in the business. Green is not marketing hype for us; it is in our DNA," he added.
It took OCC one month to build it, while Siemens developed a compatible Smart Grid-ready charger. The motorcycle features and design include:
- Recycled materials
- Advanced DC Motors Series Wound 8-inch motor
- LED lighting by OSRAM SYLVANIA, a Siemens company
- 27 peak horsepower and maximum speed of 100 mph
- Range of 60 miles on a single charge
- On-board charger that can be plugged into any 110-volt outlet
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Earth Day Network
- Keep America Beautiful