NVIDIA Tegra to Power Tesla Model S Infotainment
text size: A- A+
The Tegra processor was chosen because it provides provides exceptional energy efficiency, a critically important feature for electric cars. One processor will be used to power the infotainment and navigation systems, and another for the instrument cluster.
Tesla Model S infotainment is ensured via a 17-inch touchscreen - the largest display ever in a car - with in-car 3G connectivity, which will allow its occupants access to Pandora Radio, Google Maps, or check their level of charge remotely from their iPhone or laptop.
"Model S is designed for performance-oriented efficiency. NVIDIA allows us to use the highest graphics with the lowest energy use," stated JB Straubel, chief technology officer at Tesla Motors.
The infotainment and navigation systems feature:
• 17-inch high resolution display, the largest display ever in a car
• Responsive touchscreen with a fully intuitive user interface
• Connected navigation with live traffic, points of interest and weather
• Touchscreen-based climate-control system
The all-digital instrument cluster features:
• Ultra high-resolution, driver-friendly 12.3" LCD display
• Advanced 3D graphics providing data about the vehicle
UP NEXT: Ford Explorer, North American Truck of the Year Tip: navigate with ← and →
Cars we've tested recently
all testdrives →