New Pics of the BMW C Evolution E-Scooter, Tech Details Surface [Photo Gallery]
There were countless talks about whether the C Evolution is truly an evolution in electric scooter manufacturing, or if BMW could have done many things better than they appear to be.
For a potentially rich discussion on this matter, you can check the pertinent opinion our reader Venzuello put on the table in a recent article on the BMW C Evolution.
We here kind of like the new scooter, and we're delving deeper to find out details on pricing. Bearing a BMW badge, we're not expecting anything cheap, but everybody seems to agree that the price tag will definitely play a major role in the new e-wheeler playing it cool or being the fool.
You can read the BMW press release after the jump and learn more about this machine. Do enjoy the attached photo gallery. As for us, here are the highlights of the BMW C Evolution electric scooter, as highlighted by the manufacturer:
• Innovative electric drive system via drivetrain swing arm with liquid-cooled permanent magnet synchronous motor, toothed belt and ring gearing.
• Rated power output 11 kW (homologated according to ECE R85) and 35 kW peak output.
• Maximum torque 72 Nm (53 lb-ft).
• Top speed 120 km/h (75 mph).
• Acceleration 0 – 50 km/h (31 mph) in 2.7 s.
• Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h (62 mph) in 6.2 s.
• High range of 100 kilometers (62 miles) in practical operation.
• 4 ride modes available to choose from: Road, Eco Pro, Sail and Dynamic.
• Reversing aid for supremely easy maneuvering.
• Torque Control Assist (TCA).
• High-voltage battery with high capacity of 8 kWh and innovative air cooling.
• Intelligent recuperation when coasting and when braking.
• Recharged from the domestic mains supply.
• Takes just 4 h to charge to 100 % capacity at 220V / 12A (220V / 16A = 3 h).
• Synergies with BMW Automobile harnessed during development.
• Electrical safety to passenger car standards.
• Hybrid chassis with agile handling due to low center of gravity.
• Powerful braking system with ABS.
• Large TFT color display.
• LED daytime running light and sidelight.
• Inspirational color scheme and design.
❐ Check out the BMW C Evolution photo gallery
⌕ Download attached PDF: BMW C Evolution