Navigon iPhone GPS Launched in the US
“By making the MobileNavigator for the iPhone available for users in North America, we are taking another major step towards the future market of GPS navigation on mobile phones,” Egon Minar, CEO of Navigon said in a release. “The combination of Navigon’s signature navigation features with typical functions from the iPhone creates an integrated and unique experience.”
- Reality View Pro - photo-realistic 3D views with actual road signs and lane guidance
- Lane Assistant Pro - lane map complete with arrows and actual road geometry.
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- Day & Night Mode for map display
- Direct Access - navigation to contacts saved in the iPhone's address book.
- Branded POIs and POIs along the route
- 2D and 3D map view
- Automatic switch between portrait and landscape format
- Intelligent address entry
- Real signpost display
Navigon's iPhone solution is available in the US for $99.99 and uses North American maps sourced from Navteq. Until mid-August, MobileNavigator is available for $69.99. Additional information can be found here.
Navigon's solution ranked in the top three best selling paid applications in Apple stores in three European countries during its first week on the market.