MyFord Tech for Focus Electric
This pioneer for future Ford vehicles will make use of the MyFord array of technologies, which will allow future owners to keep in touch with their vehicles like never before. Coming in the form of an app developed for a smartphone or web-based interface, MyFord can be used for one of the following purposes:
- receive instant vehicle status information
- perform key functions remotely
- monitor the car’s state of charge and current range
- get alerts when it requires charging or has finished charging
- remotely program charge settings and download vehicle data for analysis.
But all of the above is only the beginning. Allowing access to the grid, the app gives owners the capability to heat or cool the battery and cabin while plugged in. The app “talks” to the charge station and other points of interest with the help of the SYNC’s Traffic, Directions and Information (TDI). The app is also linked to the in-car map-based Navigation System and SYNC.
The new Focus electric will arrive in Europe and North America by the end of the year, together with a battery pack developed by Ford and LG Chem. The range of the model has not yet been announced, but Ford says it will be enough to satisfy all needs. The pricing for the car has not yet been disclosed.