Motus MST V4 Motorcycle Takes the Dyno Test [Video]
Now, the company has released another video of what appears to be a prototype of the MST-01 motorcycle that is running on the dyno. The video, which can be found below this article, offers us a glimpse of not only how the engine revs sound like at every gear change, but also of the bike itself.
“After months and months of fabrication and development, here's a little more about the MOTUS MST - a new American sportbike engineered from the ground up. This comfortable touring machine is powered by the mighty KMV4 "baby block" engine, a gasoline direct injected, 90 degree V4,” Motus says.
“A quick look at what's been happening behind-the-scenes at Motus. The MST lives and the development rolls on at a fever pitch,” the team at Motus says, giving us the hope that we might see the sport-tourer on the roads this year.
The KMV4 engine powering the MST-01 develops 140 bhp at 7,800rpm and 162 Nm (120 lb.ft.) at 4,500 rpm.
Other key features of the bike are detailed below:
- Chassis - Chromoly tubular trellis spaceframe; engine as stressed member
- Front suspension - 43mm inverted telescopic forks, fully adjustable; 120mm travel
- Rear suspension - Twin spar chromoly swingarm; fully adjustable pushrod monoshock with remote preload adjustment; 120mm travel
- Brakes - Dual 320mm floating discs; dual 4-piston monoblock radial calipers; single 2-piston rear caliper
- Wheels - 17in x 3.5in front; 17in x 6in rear; aluminum; Michelin Road Pilot 2CT tires
- Bodywork - Composite
- Dimensions - Overall length 2130mm (84in); Wheelbase 1473mm (58in); Seat height 787mm (31in)(Rake 26º; Trail 108mm (4.25in)
- (Dry weight 227kg (500lbs) (est.)(
- Fuel capacity 22.7L (6gal)