Mazda MX-5 Gets BBR-Cosworth Supercharger Kit
“Renowned Mazda MX-5 tuner BBR has joined forces with Cosworth Engineering, the premier motorsport engineering company in the UK, to deliver an exciting performance upgrade package for the latest 2.0-litre, 158 bhp Mk3 Mazda MX-5,” stated the press release.
We are talking about a supercharger development with the core element represented bu a 4th generation Eaton MP62 supercharger. The supercharger kit boosts the 2.0 liter engine to 235 hp at 7,130 rpm and 190 lb-ft (258 Nm) of torque at 5,260 rpm.
“Crucially the progressive nature of the power delivery means that the delicate dynamic balance of the MX-5 isn’t upset, yet naturally with a power gain of 77 bhp and a torque increase of 51 lb.ft performance is transformed for the better,” stated the press release.
Here are the complete specs of the BBR-Cosworth package:
• Cosworth Inlet manifold housing
• Eaton 4th generation MP62 Supercharger
• Intercooler (Air to water)
• High flow calibrated injectors
• High flow air box, with high flow air filter
• Competition high grade hoses and fixings throughout
• BBR Auxiliary Interceptor 2010 engine control unit (ECU) with 3-D mapping and MAP sensor
• BBR-Cosworth identification badges
The BBR-Cosworth Mazda MX-5 Mk3 supercharger upgrade can be yours for GBP4,995 (installation included). Customers can also order a DYI version of the package.
❐ Check out the Mazda MX-5 Gets BBR-Cosworth Supercharger Kit photo gallery