Limited Edition Megane RS Red Bull Racing RB8 for UK
How limited? Well, only 30 will be coming to the UK in right-hand drive. Order books all be opened in about a month's time and prices will be confirmed closer to the launch of the car, but don't expect it to be cheap.
The Megan RS gets a cosmetic retying based on the official livery Red Bull Racing Formula 1: Twilight Blue finish with Platinum Grey detail.
The car comes kitted out with everything Renault can possibly offer on the Megane, including Red Bull Racing branding, Recaro seats, R-Link multimedia and TomTom Live navigation system, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres (from the 265 Trophy), plus the latest Version 2.0 of the on-board R.S. Monitor.
The chassis and drivetrain are based on the 265 Cup car, including stiffer springs, dampers, anti-roll bar, limited slip differential, grooved discs with Brembo callipers and the potent two-litre-turbocharged 265hp engine with Stop&Start and trademark Renaultsport technologies.
Changes to the Renaultsport Monitor 2.0:
• A new, more user-friendly and intuitive interface which uses R-Link’s seven-inch colour display
• GPS tracked lap timing
• Special Red Bull Racing home page
• Certain information displayed in 3D form
• Data can be saved on a USB dongle
• Plus the usual real-time access to power output data, 0-62 mph times, G-Force diagram, etc.
❐ Check out the Limited Edition Megane RS Red Bull Racing RB8 photo gallery