KTM 1190 Adventure R Gets Bosch Motorcycle Stability Control ABS [Video]
The Bosch 9+ME will be the brain of the Motorcycle Stability Control system, a new development in motorcycle safety. The best news in all this is that this system can be retrofitted to existing 1190 Adventure or Adventure R machines, with a trip to any authorized KTM dealer and some £335.63 ($535 or €397) in your pocket.
The system is the result of a KTM-Bosch collaboration spanning across more than 2 years, aiming to manufacture an ABS which can effectively help riders during a bend, with the bike leaning into the curve.
According to its developers, the Motorcycle Stability System can do the following:
- prevent the wheels from slipping when braking while leaning over.
- minimize the righting motion of braking while leaning over.
- prevent rolling over in emergency stops.
- prevent rear wheel skids when accelerating while leaning over.
- prevent the front wheel rising while accelerating.
Basically we're looking at the child of Combined ABS and Traction Control. The system will be working in the background, making its presence noticed only when it detects a potentially hazardous situation.