KIA Soul Becomes Official USTCC Safety Car
The aforementioned company specially equipped the vehicle with several performance features like an upgraded suspension and tires for handling during the USTCC race series, while the strobe lights inside the headlights, taillights and the light bar are some of the same components used on many police and emergency response cars.
"To further demonstrate its practical capabilities, Soul is helping the Kia Motors brand with its U.S. debut into the world of motorsports this year by increasing the vehicle's profile and recognition among automotive and racing enthusiasts," said Michael Sprague, vice president, marketing of KMA. "We have created awareness within the motorsports community during our inaugural motorsports season in the GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series and look forward to future motorsports initiatives."
In addition to the March 21 race at Infineon Speedway, the GOGOGEAR Soul is scheduled to pace the following events:
• April 24-25, Thunderhill Raceway; Willows, Calif.
• May 22, Thunderhill Raceway; Willows, Calif.
• June 26-27, Infineon Raceway; Sonoma Calif.
• July 31-August 1, AutoClub Speedway; Fontana, Calif.
• August 21, Thunderhill Raceway; Willows, Calif.
• October 9-10, Infineon Raceway; Sonoma Calif.