Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS Police-Spec Is Back
text size: A- A+
Like the standard commercial model, the police-spec Concours is available with traction control and ABS brakes. The Concours 14 is fitted with a 1,352cc engine, claiming 156 hp and 102 ft-lb.
The Concours 14 ABS Police will retail from $16,000 to $22,000 per unit, depending on the model year and equipment options. Kawasaki says the price represents savings of over $2,000 per unit compared to the BMW R1200RT-P or Harley-Davidson FLHTP police motorcycles.
Kawasaki brags its Concours 14 ABS has the following advantages over competing manufacturers:
- Available high-performance Traction Control
- High-performance ABS brake system
- Quickest acceleration in the law enforcement class
- Best high-speed handling in the law enforcement class
- Heavy-duty 41.5 amp alternator
- 441-pound payload capacity
- Removable saddle bags
- Tough and durable clutch is the least-expensive system to replace in the category
- Three-year unlimited mileage factory warranty
- Fleet service staff training, plus the authorization to conduct non-warranty maintenance and repairs, -site
- Purchasing agencies may also take their vehicles to any Kawasaki motorcycle dealer for regular maintenance, repairs, or warranty service
Kawasaki has produced four police motorcycle models so far, namely the Z1-P, the KZ900 Police Special, the KZ1000C Police and most recently, the KZ1000P.
UP NEXT: MINI Countryman Getaway Package Released Tip: navigate with ← and →
comments written so far
On 12 August 2010 at 15:06 UTC, JP said:
I want one.... I went to motor school on a KZ1000. We then switched over to the Road King (not a bad bike at all). My new department uses BMW's (1150's & 1200's). I now own a KZ100 & do escorts as an Extra Job.. My "Escort" partner & I are thinking about getting one each, but we cannot find a dealer here in Atlanta who seems to know anything about them yet. Come on guys, Help me - Help you...
Cars we've tested recently
all testdrives →