Jeep Launches New TripCast Free iPhone App
TripCast is compatible with 3G, 3GS and 4G iPhones. Family and friends are able to follow traveler's trips and download the app via the following link.
"TripCast enables everyone with a sense of adventure to plan a trip, share it with friends as their journey unfolds, and find new spots to explore," said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "This new app is perfect for Jeep fans, and anyone who enjoys getting out, having fun, and sharing that fun with friends. It also provides us with a unique way to connect with a wide array of consumers, exposing them to the unique Jeep lifestyle along the way."
Key features of the TripCast app include:
- Web and mobile interface
- Track your Path – Enables the user to track their path in real time
- Share with Friends – Determine what and how much of a trip to share via the Public, Invite and Private settings
- The Public setting shares information with everyone; Invite allows the user to invite friends to follow the trip and the Private setting allows only the user to view the information
- æ TripCast also notifies users when a friend is in the area and can coordinate a chat
- Post your Finds – Photos, video, audio and text can be posted and shared with friends and all content can be viewed "on location" on a map in real-time
- æ Trip is downloadable via Google Earth as well
- Points of Adventure – Discover new spots with more than 250,000 outdoor recreation locations by category including parks, bike paths, camping, ski resorts and more
- Create playlists and listen to music while using the app
- Create a personal user profile and customizable Jeep avatar
- Save and view personal or friends' trips, in real time or for later, on the Web and iPhone