Honda Racing HSV-010 GT Official Details
HSV stands for Honda Sports Velocity and is aimed to take on established competitors like the Nissan GT-R. Especially because Honda plans to take the series with the new vehicle.
Below are the specifications of the HSV-010 GT:
- Vehicle weight (kg): 1,100 or more
- Configuration: Liquid-cooled, naturally aspirated, longitudinal V8
- Displacement (cm3): 3,397
- Maximum output: 500 or more
- Maximum torque(Nm): 392 or more
- Transmission mechanism: Constant mesh
- Transmission shifting method: Steering paddle shifter
- Steering system mechanism: Rack and pinion system with electric power steering (EPS)
- Tyres: Front 330/40R18, Rear 330/45R17
- Brake type and mechanism: Hydraulic ventilated disc system
- Stabilizer: Torsion bar
The HSV-010 GT is the first purpose-built racing car from Honda to replace the NSX. It has already underwent 2010 GT500 homologation issued by the Japan Automobile Federation (JAF), earning the JAF-GT500 basic vehicle registration.
The HSV-010 GT is scheduled to make its debut at the Super GT season opener from Suzuka Circuit, between March 20–21, 2010 in the GT500 of the Japanese Super GT Series. This is the top performance class, allowing for extreme engine, intake and aerodynamics modifications.
❐ Check out the Honda Racing HSV-010 GT Official Details photo gallery