Honda PCX Scooter Gets Visteon Instrument Cluster
There are two versions available so far. The basic version provides a 3D applique and LCD display, while the higher-end version features advanced security functions and integrated remote key control. Visteon is the first known supplier to integrate remote key control and gravity sensor alarm functions in an instrument cluster for a two-wheeler.
The product is manufactured at Visteon Thailand and has been developed in conjunction with Visteon Japan Limited and Honda Japan and Visteon Automotive India Private. However, Visteon’s instrument cluster will also be developed for versions of Honda PCX that will be exported to other ASEAN countries as well as to Japan, Europe and the U.S.
Visteon also revealed a series of attributes to highlight the main characteristics of its new instrument cluster. These are detailed below:
- Reliability – The mechanical and electrical design enhances the cluster's ability to withstand high-vibration environments and resist water ingress and other severe weather conditions.
- Security – The specially designed radio-frequency (RF)-based remote key control reduces theft risk.
- Energy saving – The cluster electronics enable the advanced power shutdown system to achieve nearly zero "dark current" (a measure of energy leak when the scooter is powered off).
- Readability – The design architecture enables a range of features, making display and instrument indicators more readable in virtually all weather and lighting conditions.
- Flexibility – The Visteon cluster platform is scalable and can support customers' different styling themes and feature requirements.
- Cost efficiency – The one-piece formed 3D applique minimizes the need for additional decorative components, while the integrated advanced security system and RF security module saves package space and cost.