Honda HSV-010 GT in Action [Video]
It’s powered by a 3.4-liter V8 engine that develops 500 horsepower, the maximum allowed by the Super GT’s top racing class. For a while, it was expected that this car and its engine would serve as a testbed for the development of the next NSX, that is until they went all hybrid on us.
In November 2009, Honda announce it would pull the NXS from the Super GT class to focus on the next year. The car that replaced it was based on the cancelled 'New NSX' production vehicle, since the rules of the racing series also allowed for the use of production-ready car turned into racer.
Rumors continued for two who years before we realized what the new direction for the NSX project was. Today, we bring you a video that makes us a little sad. It’s a bit of track action and revving in the pits shot at the Twin Ring Motegi, Japan.
Here are the HSV-010 GT’s current specs, according to JDM Clips:
- Length x Width x Height: 4.675m x 2.000m x (undisclosed)
- Wheelbase: 2.700m
- Vehicle Weight: 1,100kg+
- Displacement: 3,397 cm3 (3.4L)
- Maximum Output: 500ps (370kW) or more
- Maximum Torque: 40.0kgm (392Nm) or more
- Tyres: Front 330/40R18, Rear 330/45R17
- Suspension System: Double wishbone
- Configuration: Liquid-cooled, naturally aspirated, longitudinal V8
- Transmission Shifting Method: Ricardo 6-Speed Sequential Manual, Steering Paddle Shifter
- Steering System Mechanism Rack and pinion system with electric power steering
- Brake type and mechanism Hydraulic ventilated disc system