Frankfurt Auto Show: Renault Zoe ZE Concept [Live Photos]
The four-seater features a LED-equipped retractable spoiler at the rear that deploys at speeds of over 90 km/h. The spoiler also serves as a brake light, as does the integrated light in the shark’s fin-type aerial on the roof.
The roof protects the four occupants from the heat and cold, as well as optimizing climate control performance by recovering energy via its honeycomb photovoltaic cells. Rear vision is enhanced through two small energy-efficient cameras, which transmit images to the interior rear view mirror.
The front features scissor doors, while rear access is through butterfly-style doors. The car’s design allows carrying space to be accessed from the side and from the pavement as well. Now that we found out how we can get in the Zoe ZE, let’s see how is the interior like.
The dashboard is covered with an intelligent, mineral-like membrane that controls a range of touchscreen commands. The colored mood lighting options are controlled via a sensor in the seat which will tone the lighting to match the colors of the driver's clothes. Moreover, the hands-free keycard can be personalized by fixing a chip to an object of the customer's choosing, to enable automatic door locking and ignition.
Finally, the climate control system is much more than you might think, coming with three innovative functions:
- Hydrating function - vaporizers spray an exclusive active substance to rehydrate the skin.
- 'Detox' function - a toxicity sensor monitors air quality and shuts off the airvents if required.
- Active scent function - an electric system exhales essential oils suited to the mood of the moment.
The driver has three options when recharging:
- A standard charge: takes between four and eight hours via a charging socket situated on the outside of the vehicle.
- A quick charge: in 20 minutes, using the same socket at specific charging points.
- The 'Quickdrop' system: three minutes at a rapid battery exchange station.
❐ Check out the Frankfurt Auto Show: Renault Zoe ZE Concept [Live Photos] photo gallery