Ford Transit Sapphire Released
The new version is powered by the 115 hp 2.2 liter TDCI engine, which is matted to a six speed transmission, allowing customers to choose between three models, starting with a 280 short wheelbase one, which comes with front wheel drive, and will have a limited production of 550 units.This is followed by the 280 medium wheelbase, medium roof one model (350 units available), which offers front wheel drive and by the 350 long wheelbase, medium roof one that comes with rear wheel drive (250 units available).
All the models are come with:
• Silver-painted front grille with body color bumper
• Silver-painted mirror caps on electrically-operated and heated door mirrors
• Silver-painted rear light guards
• New Ink Blue paint
• Air conditioning
• Front fog lights
• Bodyside mouldings
• Full wheel covers
• Tinted glass
• Electrically-operated windows
• 'Quickclear' heated front windscreen
• Stereo radio/CD player and auxiliary MP3 connector and steering column-mounted controls
• Bluetooth with Voice Control System
• Cruise control
• Full-width steel bulkhead
• DIN-compliant cargo tie-down eyes
The vehicles also come with safety features including ABS, ESP and a driver airbag.
The vehicle’s name has a special history, as it comes from the British tradition of naming wedding anniversaries and linking them to precious materials. Sapphire is used to mark 45 years, which is the current age of “the UK’s favorite van”. The Ford Transit Sapphire will enter the market this month, with prices starting from 14,995 pounds.