Ford Sweepstakes Giving Away Mustang GT
This year’s contest, which is debuting today is inviting fans to enter the experience at select NHRA Full Throttle Series events, online at Mustang 5.0 Fever and Quicklane. Entries can also be sent by texting FORDNHRA to 57682, between March 10 and November 21.
“Ford consumers are passionate about the brand, from purchase to maintenance, and that passion gets passed down,” said Brett Wheatley, Director of Marketing, Ford Customer Service Division. “We see fans from all generations stopping by at our Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience display. We’re proud to see them experience Ford’s latest products, and happy to give one winner a new Ford Mustang GT.”
Here is the list of events that allow you to become part of the joyride:
- March 11-13 – 42nd annual Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals (Gainesville, Fla.)
- April 29-May 1 – 24th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals (Houston)
- June 3-5 – 42nd annual NHRA Supernationals (Englishtown, N.J.)
- June 24-26 – Fifth annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals (Norwalk, Ohio)
- July 8-10 – 14th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals (Joliet, Ill.)
- July 22-24 – 32nd annual Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals (Denver, Colo.)
- Sept. 1-5 – 57th annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals pres. by Lucas Oil (Indianapolis)
- Sept. 16-18 – Fourth annual O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Nationals (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Sept. 23-25 – 26th annual AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals (Dallas)
- Sept. 30-Oct. 2 – 27th annual Uni-Select Auto Plus NHRA Nationals (Reading, Pa.)
- Oct. 14-16 – 27th annual NHRA Arizona Nationals (Phoenix)
- Oct. 28-30 – 11th annual NHRA Las Vegas Nationals (Las Vegas)
- Nov. 10-13 – 47th annual Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals (Pomona, Ca.)
comments written so far
Such Ferrari FF-matching performance would make her a "mega-bomb for hoi-polloi", the regular king of value for money!
Her fuel consumption is about 10.6km/l average, just miraculous for 412bhp V8 unit.
On the other hand, the previous(~2010) Mustang GT powered by ancient 4.6-litres, three-valve ohc unit, shows respectable performance figures for a 315bhp machine, as about 13.5sec for 0-400m(whether manual or automatic). But her power characteristics are somewhat like a "blunt instrument", hardly sophisticated. So is fuel economy, below average.
Such defects of previous model have been totally improved, the 2011/2012 Mustang series(V8 5.0 or V6 3.7) could set new standard in total mechanical efficiency in 4-seater sports saloon category, I'm confident of.