Ford Offering Mustang GT 5.0 V8 as Crate Engine
In other words, both the public and the media were more than happy to become friends with the new 5.0 liter four-valve Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) V8 powerplant that delivers 412 hp and a maximum torque of 390 lb-ft.
Now, Ford Racing is offering automotive enthusiasts the opportunity to enjoy the engine without the whole package. The company is offering the Mustang GT’s 5.0 l V8 as a crate engine on its website.
If you feel like this is the right V8 for your project, you can see more details on the Ford Racing website. Don’t forget to prepare $6,999 if you’re willing to buy one.
Let’s see what exactly do you get for that money:
- 11.0:1 Compression ratio
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
- Piston-cooling jets, optimized oil drainback and windage control improve high-rpm performance
- Deep sump oil pan with 8qt capacity
- Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
- 80 mm single bore "drive by wire" throttlebody
- Four-valve-per-cylinder aluminum heads with roller-finger followers reduce friction
- Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included
- Use our NEW wiring, PCM and installation kit M-6017-A504V designed for street rod/project car installation.
- Does not include alternator, for alternator kit see M-8600-M50ALT
- 2011 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit available, see M-9680-M50
- Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
- Direct replacement for 2011 Mustangs with engine code BG-397-AA
- Photo and specs may vary. These features apply for engine code BG-397-AA. Engines are this build code or newer while supplies last.
- Engine weight: 444 lbs
Our say: Buy one and mount it centrally in a Fiesta !