Ford Mustang V6 Performance Package to Be Named Mayhem
“We saw great enthusiasm from fans, with tons of creative, unique names coming in,” said Brian McClary, Ford social and emerging media specialist. “The contest was twofold – it let us engage with fans by letting them have a say, and it helped build awareness for the package.”
Facebook fans were asked to suggest a name on the Facebook page and reach out to their friends in the social media to help them get their suggestion into the top five names. A gallery on the page let visitors see all of the choices that could be voted on. After the five most-voted names were selected, Ford chose the name that best shows off the personality of the package.
Each finalist was run through trademark, copyright and brand approvals. The Mayhem Mustang Package will be used as the name on all Mustang sales, marketing and communications materials.
The 2012 Ford Mayhem Mustang Package includes:
• 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
• Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
• Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
• Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
• Unique 19-inch wheels
• Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
• Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
• Strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
• Unique electronic stability control calibration with sport mode for performance driving
• Unique badging
❐ Check out the Ford Mustang V6 Performance Package to Be Named Mayhem photo gallery