FIM and KTM Announce the First-Ever Electric Motocross Event in Europe [Video]
This race is part of the CleanWeek, a massive event dedicated to green, electric and hybrid vehicles, now in its 5th edition.
This race will have MX stars such as Stefan Everts, Jake Nicholls, Ken De Dycker, Damon Graulus, Martin Van Daele, orYentel Martens, all riding the same machine: the KTM Freeride E.
Aside from the racing event itself, testing Quantya and Zero bikes will also be on the menu, just as the election of the best e-cycle and e-scooter of the year, clean car, truck and van and whatnot, seminars and the like.
So if you're in Belgium this week, you get to see the birth of a future (green) MX championship. Lucky you! Here's the May 2 program, after the jump.
E-MX demonstration day program, May 2, 2013 Circuit Zolder.
• 16h 30: Arrival and briefing on the E-MX circuit
• 17h 00: Free practice Group A (6 riders)
• 17h 15: Free practice Group B (6 riders)
• 17h 30: Qualifying Session Group A
• 17h 45: Qualifying Session Group B
• 18h 00: Interviews + test runs with Quantya and Zero motorcycles
• 19h 00: Semi-final A (5 laps = total race time around 6 minutes)
• 19h 20: Semi-final B (5 laps = total race time around of 6 minutes)
• 19h 40: Final with top three from each heat
• 19h 50: Podium.
A CleanWeek 2013 recap: