Erik Buell Racing Unveils 2010 1190RR
Riders like Alex Barros, Chris Ulrich, Taylor Knapp, Cory West and Jeremy McWilliams have been involved in the development of the 1190RR, which should be enough to make you want to get on its saddle at least once.
"The 1190RR models are constructed at our shop from new 1125Rs with a complete kit of superbike level components. Engines are completely disassembled and blueprinted, with top-shelf internal parts added to deliver reliable performance at the extreme rev ranges required for a twin-cylinder bike to compete at these power levels," a company statement reads.
Buell 1190RR technical specs, as released by EBR, are listed below:
- Engine: 1,190cc 72-degree liquid-cooled 8-valve DOHC fuel-injected V-twin
- Power: 185bhp@11,500rpm (measured at the rear wheel)
- Torque: 124Nm@9,500rpm
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Chassis: Light alloy large section beam with integral fuel cell, light alloy tubular subframe
- Front Suspension: 43mm Showa USD fork, fully adjustable
- Rear Suspension: Light alloy swingarm with Showa race damper, adjustable compression
- Front brake: Single 387.5mm disc with 8-piston ZTL calliper
- Wheel and tyres: 17-inch wheels, 120/60 (front), 190/55 (rear) Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tyres
- Dry Weight: 162kg (without fuel)