EICMA 2010: BMW K 1300 S [Live Photos]
Speaking of power, the bike is fitted with a 1,293 cc four-cylinder inline unit that delivers 175 hp at 9,250 rpm and a maximum torque of 140 Nm (103 lb-ft) at 8,250 rpm. Over 70 percent of the engine’s torque is available from just 3,000 rpm.
The bike can optionally be fitted with an ASC (Anti-Spin Control) function that prevents the rear wheel from spinning during acceleration, using the sensors of the motorcycle’s ABS system.
Customers can choose to have the bike finished in Light Grey Metallic, Lava Orange Metallic, or in a multi-color job that combines Granite Grey Metallic and Light Grey Metallic with Magma Red highlights.
Here are the technical highlights for the BMW K 1300 S:
- Fulfillment of the strictest environmental standards through harmonized Digital Motor Electronics.
- Optimized cylinder charge cycle for even better performance on less fuel.
- Optimized exhaust system with a new rear muffler and electronically controlled flap management plus a fully controlled three-way catalytic converter.
- Desmodromic operation improving the dosage of gas and engine power.
- Optimized, maintenance-free shaft drive with a new, two-stage drive shaft.
- High riding precision combined with maximum riding stability ensured by optimized Duolever front wheel suspension with new set-up of the lower longitudinal arm.
- Firm spring/damper set-up for even better feedback.
- Supreme handling provided by optimized suspension geometry, optimum mass distribution and a fully harmonized all-round concept.
- Perfect balance thanks to the low centre of gravity.
- Ergonomically balanced seating position for a relaxed but active style of riding.
- Electronically adjustable second-generation ESA II suspension and ASC Anti-Spin Control as an option.
- High standard of active safety provided by integral ABS (semi-integral) featured as standard.
- On-board network; CAN-bus technology for superior function with a smaller number of cables and low weight.
- Electronic immobilizer featured as standard.
- Optimised aerodynamics.
- HP Gearshift Assistance for shifting up without the slightest interruption of power as special equipment.
- Wide range of standard features and special equipment tailored to the K 1300 S.
❐ Check out the EICMA 2010: BMW K 1300 S [Live Photos] photo gallery