EICMA 2010: BMW G 650 GS [Live Photos]
We are talking about an entry level model for BMW’s enduro range. The bike comes with a lean, off-road appearance, manages to keep the weight down and offers the rider a low seating position.
The body of the 2011 G650 GS has been completely redesigned, with the front section offering an asymmetrical headlamp and the rest of the bike using sporty and robust styling cues. Power comes from a single-cylinder 652 cc engine that delivers 48 hp and a peak torque of 60 Nm.
Here are the full specs of the new BMW G 650 GS:
• Reliable, high torque, and low consumption single-cylinder engine with 652 cc displacement.
• Engine power 35 kW (48 hp) at 6500 rpm and maximum torque 60 Nm at 5000 rpm.
• Tried and tested suspension concept with bridge frame and swinging arm of steel, telescopic forks, and monoshock (spring travel front 170 mm, rear 165 mm).
• Cast light alloy wheels in new design. Diameter front 19”, rear 17”. Wider rear wheel rim for even better riding stability.
• Stable brake system with single brake disc at front and rear and OFF/ON BMW Motorrad ABS (optional factory-fitted equipment).
• Redesigned body scopes incl. windshield with GS moulding and two-tone seat.
• Lean and ergonomic 14 litre tank.
• Three different seat heights: standard 780 mm, low slung 750 mm (as optional factory-fitted equipment), high seat (black) 820 mm.
• Sporty cockpit design with asymmetrical headlamp and instrument panel.
• Luggage carrier with lockable storage compartment.
• Smoky grey indicators.
• New handlebar fittings.
• Extensive optional factory-fitted equipment: BMW Motorrad ABS (ON/OFF), heated grips, anti-theft alarm system, centre stand, socket, low slung.
• Extensive optional accessories with the familiarly high BMW Motorrad standards.
❐ Check out the EICMA 2010: BMW G 650 GS [Live Photos] photo gallery